Sunday, June 16, 2013

Bikes, blogs, Blackhawks, and Bruins

I told quite a few people they could follow my blog to keep up with where I will be and what I will be doing this summer. This past week I figured I should probably get that going since I start this Bike & Build craziness, well, today. So here it is. bugsinmybeard.blogspot.com. That's right, I did just reference my blog in my own blog. But this is my first blog post of any sort ever. So I don't know what's proper when it comes to posting (posting? blogging?). Either way, I'm going to try to keep up with this as much as possible throughout the summer, but I am committing--right now, you can be a witness--to at least having something thrown up here (I'm pretty sure that's not the lingo) once a week. So there. Now I'm locked in.

Yeah, so I made it to Portland, Maine. Well, just outside. I am currently staying with a fellow Bike & Builder and we're planning on biking 25 miles into the city and to orientation together (my autocorrect just wanted to turn 'orientation' into 'tootsie rotation' which seems odd to me--I don't know if it's blog-worthy odd, but I did it anyway). To that end, the journey out here alone has been quite the experience, and everyone I have stayed with has been amazing. It's been great to see old friends, make new ones, and experience different parts of the country. Especially in the midst of a hockey championship. I got to spend time in Chicago on my way out east, and everyone was rooting for the Blackhawks. And then in the New England area, everyone is all about the Bruins. I don't really pay much attention to hockey, but it's been fun to experience.

Anywho, long story short, I'm in Maine, I went to the church yesterday to put together my bike (finally!) and got to meet my trip leaders, and now I'm excited to meet the rest of my team a little later today and start this crazy adventure! And while I've committed myself to blogging once a week, I doubt it will be this long. Sheesh.

To biking, building, and blogging,

Matt

Oh, and p.s: Happy father's day dad! 

No comments:

Post a Comment